Friday, October 28, 2016

5 Terrible Reasons To Get Engaged

With the holidays approaching, this is a very popular time of year for couples to get engaged while surrounded by family and friends-- but just make sure you are doing for the right reasons, and not because you have fallen in love with the idea of getting married.   Remember, the party only lasts a day, but the commitment is supposed to last a lifetime, in both good and bad times.  While none of us can predict with 100% accuracy if a marriage will go the full distance, here are some clear signs you are off to a really bad start:

1. If you think getting engaged will make things better.  Seriously?  The dating phase is normally the best part-- it is when people are actually on their best behavior and making an effort to please you.  If you are not on solid ground now, don't expect the ring to magically make things better.  No object will ever have that kind of power.

2.  If you think nothing better will come along.  Just because no one has come along and wowed you yet, doesn't mean you should settle now.  Don't fall victim to the sunken cost theory.  I know it can get tiring to keep playing the Dating Game, but then just take a break, regroup, and maybe find new ways to invest your time and energy.

3. If you just want to have a baby and the clock is ticking.  There are plenty of alternatives out there rather than just marrying someone to have a child.  If you want to bring up a child in a loving and intact family, then you need to be in a solid place long before you ever start trying to have a kid together.  Research shows that couples with newborns experience approximately a 60% reduction in satisfaction during that first year-- no surprise, when you are sleep deprived, your hormones are out of whack, and the demands of your time, money and energy have now quadrupled while leaving almost no time for the couple to just enjoy each other.

4. If you feel it is simply what is expected of you.  Who cares what others "expect" of you?  This is your life, and you are the only one that will be playing house with that other person every single day.  Those that truly love you will want you to be happy, which means doing what works for you.

5. If you think it makes economic sense to join forces.  The choice to marry should be one of your greatest acts of freewill, and not something you do out of economic necessity.  This is the 21st century after all, and there are many other ways you can save money or cut expenses that don't require you to take a stroll down the aisle and commit yourself to someone for the rest of your life.

If any of these 5 reasons resonate with you, I'm sure you have noticed other things going on-- like you cannot sleep or focus, you have less energy these days or perhaps your eating habits are off.  Is there an increased feeling of dread or imminent doom?  Our unsettled feelings have a funny way of manifesting themselves physically, whether we like it or not-- it is nature's way of not letting you ignore that something is not right.

In the end, only you can decide what is right for you-- but take your time and listen to your heart.  Is it jumping for joy or racing in a state of panic?  Hopefully it is the former, for fear should never be the reason to bind yourself to another-- fear is dark and cold, and it kills any possibility for love and hope to prosper.

4 comments:

  1. I will love to share my testimony to all the people in the forum cos I never thought i will have my girlfriend back and she means so much to me. The girl I want to get marry to left me few weeks to our wedding for another man. When I called her she never picked my calls, She blocked me on her facebook and changed her facebook status from engage to Single, when I went to her place of work she told her boss she never want to see me. I lost my job as a result of this cos I couldn't get myself anymore, my life was upside down and everything did not go smooth with my life. I tried all I could do to have her back to all did not work out until I met a Man when I travel to East to execute some business that I have been developing some years back. I told him my problem and all I have passed through in getting her back and how I lost my job, he told me he gonna help me, I didn't believe that in the first place. But he swore he will help me out and he told me the reason why my girlfriend left me and also told me some hidden secrets’ was amazed when I heard that from him...he said he will cast a spell for me and I will see the results in the next couple of days..then I travel back, the following day and i called him when I got home and he said he’s busy casting those spells and he has bought all the materials needed for the spells, he said am gonna see positive results in the next 14 days that is Thursday. My girlfriend called me at exactly 12:35pm on Thursday and apologies for all she had done. She said, she never knew what she was doing and her sudden behavior was not intentional and she promised not to do that again. It was like am dreaming when I heard that from her and when we ended the call, I called the man and told him my girl friend called and he said I haven’t seen anything yet… he said I will also get my job back. And when its Sunday, they called me at my place of work that I should resume work on Monday and they gonna compensate me for the time limit I have spent at home without working...My life is back into shape have my girlfriend back and we are happily married now with a baby boy and I have my job back too. This man is really powerful...if we have up to 20 people like him in the world, the world would have been a better place...He has also helped many of my friends to solve many problems and they are all happy now...Am posting this to the forum for anybody that is interested in meeting the man for help. You can mail him to erika_raven_temple@ religious. com, I can’t give out his number cos he told me he don’t want to be disturbed by many people across the world...he said his email is okay and he also have a web site if you want to visit him there’ he will replied to any emails asap..Hope he helped u out too...good luck. His web site is ericaraventemple. webs. com

    ReplyDelete
  2. My life was destroyed when my husband sent me packing, after 13 years we have been together. I was lost and helpless after trying so many ways to get my husband back to me. One day at work, I was distracted, not knowing what to do, so my boss called me, so he sat and asked me what it was all about, I told him and he smiled and said it was no problem. I never understood what he meant by it was no problem getting back my husband, he said he used the help of Erica to get back his wife when she left him for another man, and now they are together till date, initially I was shocked hearing something like this from my boss. He gave me an email address (erika_raven_temple@religious.com) of Erica temple which helped him get his wife back, I never believed that this would work, but I had no choice coming into contact with the sayings that I get done, and she asked for my information and that my husband was able to propose to throw her the spell and I sent her the details, but after two days, my mother called me that my husband was pleading that he wants me back, I never believed, because it was just a dream and I had to rush off to my mother's place and to my greatest surprise, was kneeling my husband beg me for forgiveness that he wants me and the child back home, when I gave Erica a conversation regarding sudden change of my husband and she made clear to me that my husband will love me until the end of the world, that he will never leave for another woman. Now me and my husband is back together and started doing funny things he has not done before, he makes me happy and do what it is supposed to do as a man without nagging. Please if you need help of any kind need, please contact Erica temple for help. Her email is emagicp101@gmail.com or erika_raven_temple@religious.com his website is www.ericaraven.webs.com

    ReplyDelete



  3. I have always promise to recommend you to people out there who might also need your help, cause finding your website was a Godsend. Even better,spiritual Pastor Ikaken,you're the most considerate and compassionate man i have know. I was so down after being loveless for almost 2 years. I requested a reuniting love prayer and amazingly it worked. I am happily living with the most lovely woman alive and i think it's the real thing.To thank you spiritual Pastor Ikaken would not be enough, considering what you have done for me. Contact this man of god for any relationship issues and he will help you as well.( pastor.ikaken@yahoo.com )is his email. you can also call or whatsApp him on his mobile number +233596908113 .

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel decisions such as engagement and marriage is always helpful and useful in order to look for the best life partner.

    Naples FL Marriage Counseling

    ReplyDelete